Flag Rock Campground
Notice: Due to COVID-19, Flag Rock Campground is currently only open for self contained vehicle* camping. No tent camping is allowed at this time. For a limited time, the cost per campsite per night will be $10. There is a two week stay limit. Access to water and restrooms will not be available until further notice. Access to the dump station is available. *Self contained vehicles are defined as vehicles that can function without outside resources. This means they do not need access to toilet facilities. Questions? Contact Norton Parks and Recreation, (276) 679-0754.
The City of Norton’s Flag Rock Recreation Area offers an 18-site campground that is open annually April 1 to Oct. 30.
See the below information to help plan your camping trip. Learn more about the park by exploring this Map and Brochure.
The campground offers 18 single units with electrical hookups. Each camping unit has a parking spur, tent pad, wooden picnic table, and fire pit with grill.
Each campsite is $20 a night.
The campground offers hot showers, flush toilets, and central water fountains.
Rules and Regulations
- Please pay camping fee at pay station.
- Visitors are allowed from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m.
- Pets must be kept on a leash not exceeding six feet in length.
- Length of stay limited to 14 consecutive days.
- Alcoholic beverages prohibited.
- Discharge of gray water and sewage prohibited. Please use dump station.
- Fires must be confined to designated fire rings or grills.
- Campsites cannot exceed eight people and three motorized vehicles.
Contact the Norton Parks and Recreation at (276) 679-0754.